Tuesday, October 1, 2013


April 1, 2010

   Today was April Fool’s Day. I took advantage of it & joked around with Elder Martinez all day. Yesterday we had another good lesson with Angie and her friend Mary. Mary asks a lot of good questions & is really excited to learn more. On Tuesday we had a bunch of appointments planned that day, so after District Meeting we went to a few appointments then came back for lunch. Elder Wells & Phillips were there fixing their bikes& needed another tire. So we let them take the car & get a new tire. They came back & fixed it & left while we were taking lunch. When we were going to leave, I realized I didn’t have my keys, so I tried calling them, but they didn’t answer. We were stuck in our apartment all day! It turns out they left their phone in our car. It was funny, but we didn’t get to work at all that day.

4/5/10

Dear Parents

Sounds like the weather is still pretty bad up there. Weather here in Brownsville is super humid. I sweat soo much! There is a breeze that comes from the ocean that helps a little bit with the heat. Conference was awesome! I really enjoyed it. It is cool to see how much you learn when you take notes and pay attention rather than fall asleep! My favorite was priesthood session and Uchtdorf's talk on patience. Thank you for the birthday present and for your prayers. I love you very much and am thankful for your examples.

Elder Strong




Elder Strong's Birthday – 4/5/2010

4/12/10

Dear Parents

This week was good. We had Zone Conference and I went on exchanges with the zone leaders. I am getting fatter by the day because we get fed almost every day. I love it! So many people in this area just love to feed the elders. I am in a little Spanish branch and an English ward. There are like 5 wards in Brownsville. We have a car because our area is huge. It covers a small town called Olmito, San Pedro, and Rancho Viejo. We are excited because we are going to have a baptism this week with this super cool lady.

So the new lady in the ward served here? When? That is pretty cool! I have more pictures to send home but I want to just send my memory card to Holly and let her put some of them on the blog. I forgot all about my blog. I found out when one of my investigators said she had found it. Anyways all is well here. My comp is great. He was in a Mexican pop group before he came out and loves to sing. We will be sitting on someone’s doorstep and he will be singing away in Spanish. It is pretty funny. I'll have to get a video of it and send it home. Well, have a good week.

Love Elder Strong

April 14, 2010
   It has been a while since I wrote in here! So the 5th was my birthday & P-Day. So I thought it was going to be really fun, but it was actually super boring. Elder Phillips & Wells didn’t even know it was my birthday, so we didn’t do anything special except go to Wing Stop. That place is awesome! After, the ladies in the Spanish Ward invited us to the Church & surprised me with a cake too. It turned out to be an alright birthday. Angie is getting baptized this week, but her daughter isn’t because she says she isn’t ready. Mary is still super legit. She came to Church last week & she is growing more & more each day.. Pretty soon she will be ready for a baptismal date. Elder Martinez is a funny kid. He walks around with an umbrella in the sun and he is always singing at people’s doors. One of these days I am going to get a video of it. Last Saturday I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I was with Elder Reilly here & we had like no plans. We ended up having a really good day & Reilly is a really strange kid, but I learned a lot. I backed into a pole too last week. We caught a frog yesterday & Martinez and Phillips were sick yesterday & Elder Wells and I went out together. We tore it up and it was a lot of fun. We even taught a lesson in Spanish too. And it went pretty well. Even though we both don’t know Spanish. The Lord was definitely with us then.
 
A Frog the Elders Caught
April 15, 2010
   Yesterday was an interesting day First we went contacting with Marcela. We didn’t have too much success. Only one lesson. Marcela is pretty much in love with Elder Mathusek. She was telling us the story when she found out he was getting transferred & she gave him a hug & a kiss. She was doing this in Spanish & I wasn’t really paying attention. She was acting it out & next thing I know she is trying to hug me! I freaked out a little because I didn’t know what was going on. Next we had our weekly buffet appointment with the Castillo’s. At night we taught Angie & Mary. We got some really bad news when she said Steven moved in for a couple of weeks while his parent’s house is getting remodeled. So as of right now she can’t be baptized this week. Freakin’ Satan!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment